There but for the Grace of God, goes I. But…we go there by the Grace of God.
When I do a web search of grace, it says: grace means all the good gifts we enjoy freely in life. The thesaurus says elegance, refinement, beauty, style, poise and kindness.
When I think of grace, I think of movement. I see a wisp of hair brushing across my face. It is a light touch. It is smooth, like a skater gliding across the ice. It is blowing and billowy, like a sheer white curtain blowing in a gentle breeze. It is always gentle and never harsh.
Irene, my mother-in-law, was always gracious. She was such a gentle, lovely hostess. I often wished that I could be more gracious, like her. I didn’t seem to have any graciousness in my body. I was abrupt. I said what was on my mind. There didn’t seem to be that kind of softness in me. I was so excited by everything. I couldn’t help myself. I had a different kind of energy. I bounced and leapt and bubbled instead of flowing.
Part of that was just the energy of youth. I flow more now. A lot of the bounce has since then bubbled off. I love both the bounce of youth and the smoothness of age. The smoothness of aged liquor.
Grace is easy to know, but hard to do. It is also hard to know, but easy to do. It is sweetness. It is aligning with spirit. It is the embodiment of the source point of God. It is acting from that point.
Techniques for acting in Grace
Love, light and Infinite
- I am love. You are love. Say, I am love. I am light. I am infinite. Say, You are love. You are light. You are infinite. Say each three times. Notice the difference. Where does each phrase reside in you? Bring the two locations together into one source point and say the phrases again. You can also use this as a walking meditation. I use it on each step I take or each stroke I swim. What this exercise does is it allows you to embody the statement. It embodies, I am love. When you embody, I am love, you act in harmony with it. You act with grace.
Join Heart and Mind
Bring your heart into your mind or your mind into your heart. Both work. Do the one that seems easiest to you. Breathe. Reach up into the highest vibration that you can find. Breathe. Reach down into the center of the earth. Breathe. Do this three times. Then find your center at your heart and bring your mind down into your heart. Let your awareness expand out from this state. You will find that you will move with and in Grace.
The Alignment Button
- Create an alignment button. Notice what direction your spirit is going in. Create an alignment button on your spiritual computer. Then hit your alignment button. When you align with your spirit, you act in grace.
- Say the Morning Prayer and ask to be shown what grace feels like. Ask God to show you the grace that surrounds you in life. Notice where it appears in the rest of your day.
Reflect in your journal on the following questions:
- What did you see or feel during your morning prayer?
- Where did you experience Grace today?
- Where did you align with spirit today?
- Did you see Grace where you never saw it before?
- What color was it?
- What did it smell like?
- Does grace have a taste?
- Where is Grace located in your body?
Now you have a choice.
- you can comment.
- You can share.
- You can implement.
I prefer it if you implement but I’ll appreciate all three.My Free Joy guide